Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Are bad photo's good photos?


Honestly, I had a hard time with this assignment I'm used to doing things my way especially when it comes to lighting. So, this is one of my photo's where I didn't over or underexpose just so I could get it out of my system.



My obvious merger photograph: She has extra hands! The photo itself is a little blurry that's what I get for shooting in the cold.


"Accidental Blur" I tried multiple things for this shot, really I'm not quite sure what I wanted, but this isn't my favorite. 


Overexposed, you know what I actually like this picture. I wouldn't do something like this normally but I like it.  (black and white options on my camera)



Once again I wouldn't have usually done this, but it's okay . . .


Out of focus. (toy camera filter on my camera.)


and just a great old fun snow picutre :)

Are bad photo's still good photo's? Well I would have to say yes "bad" photo's can still be good photo's. I'd have to say that you don't want to purposely go out and take "bad" photo's, but if you end up with some by accident don't throw them away because you might just end up liking them.  



7 comments:

  1. I actually really like the overexposed photo -- I think it's beautiful!

    I don't really know how to give critique on photos that are already supposed to be bad ;) But one thing that I noticed... The assignment said to not edit photos at all unless you needed to crop. So that's my critique :)

    She's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I saw that in the instructions! haha oops. I went and fixed the ones I edited some of them were camera filters :D yay camera filters.

      Delete
  2. I really like the overexposed photo too!
    I suppose since they are bad photos I should comment on how to make them worse....? haha. I think the blurry one could be a bit more out of focus;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the overexposed picture a lot also, The black and white added a lot to the photo. Even though they were supposed to be bad I think they turned out really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The overexposed image and the snow image to me don't look "bad" - they look purposefully artistic. I know it's hard to break out of your comfort zone to try these things! I would love to see you purposefully try underexposing/overexposing in the future to get a particular lighting effect that you were going for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really liked your overexposed photo too. Not all "bad" photos are bad. Like Mrs. Webb said, try to do more under/over exposing, it is something I need to work on as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really liked your over exposed picture and your out of focus picture! They were just so unique and interesting! Definitely very artistic!:) Great job!

    ReplyDelete