Thursday, April 18, 2013

Landscapes . . . Sort Of . . . .

Landscapes . . . Sort Of . . . .

Alright, so let me tell 'ya I like landscape photography, but there is no land without houses around here none. Therefore I had one opportunity one, and it was on a paid gig, I had to get these shots fast and hopefully catch something good. I hope you guys will cut me some slack it was winter weather -- literally my fingers were having a difficult time pressing the buttons for the camera.

This was the only view I had with no buildings so this is the shot of what I got. The exposure is okay and I like the lines off to the side.
 Here I tried flipping the camera over on its side -- I tried this twice, but I didn't really like it I think it might be the lack of negative space.
 Here is another one I grabbed with more negative space I like it more than the last one but my eye goes straight to the bush in the middle of the picture where the trees intersect, and I didn't like it.
 This is my favorite exposure here -- there's lots of shadows because I was shooting mid-day which is kind of interesting as far as HDR shots go and I love all the different line curves.
Least favorite exposure, but I knew I would be making up a mash up eventually and I did want my highlights in there so here they are! 

Da-da-da-da I actually know how to make an HDR photo, and you guys thought I didn't know what I was doing. To prove I can take landscape photo's here are some I've taken in the past :) 




5 comments:

  1. I would have loved to see you experiment more with different close ups and more of a variety of compositions. Some of the colors seem a bit desaturated when compared to the grandeur of your last photo of your post. I think you just needed more time to work your magic on these shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite photo is the third one. I like how the negative space is framed by the circle of the trees, which was naturally made, and I love that. I have to agree with Mrs. Webb, though, a few close ups would have been fun for variation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the fourth image the best. I liked how it brought out the color of the sky and helped add to the overall photo. I would suggest working a bit with the exposure or saturation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like these photos, although I would have loved to see different angles and rules used throughout since they all seemed to look pretty similar! But great job!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with the last commentor. I would have loved some different angles and perspectives. One of those tree photos was absolutely gorgeous though, very contrasting and fun to look at.

    ReplyDelete