Sunday, April 28, 2013

Macro Photography

Alrighty so here are my Macro Photography photos  --  these were a little interesting to grab because I know we are trying to focus on details in Macro. I have two lenses neither of them are really made for Macro, but I made it work! I picked a spot in my garden for a week and just watched for changes. I was hoping to see a spider or bug, but it's been to cold and dry. On the other hand the flowers blossomed and we got some new tulips.
Here are my pictures . . . the editing on them are different so keep that in mind they don't really all flow as a pack.


This is one of the first photo's I've taken you can tell that this tulip hasn't yet blossomed. I took this photo from inside by opening up my window and using my 200mm lens to zoom in on the flower patch. I shot in manual vs. macro mode because it just really bothered me not to shoot in manual! I did have to use manual focus to get the proper object in focus. (don't mind my changing water marks I have one in the works somewhere.) I really enjoy the dew drops on the flowers -- I got this right after it rained.


This was taken the same day I wanted to contrast my last picture so the tulip in focus on the left is the one I had a close up of -- I count this as a macro photo too because of the detials of the flower on the left which has all the little droplets.


This was taken during the middle of the week -- in the middle of the tulips we have a rose bush here we have some leaves that are blooming, no roses yet but I love the sort of creepy look of the edges on these leaves.


Alright -- very sorry you're going to have to deal with some experimental editing here I love portraiture but I love fine art photographs. here in front is one of the red tulips then towards the back you'll see in my next photo a purple tulip. The joys of being able to zoom in on your flower patch from the window.


here is a purple tulip I would say this and the first photo's are my favorite and definitely fall under the "macro" terms along with the pictures of the leaves. Here I was above the flower kind of peering in -- I like the effect it gives. Let me know what you think. :)


10 comments:

  1. I really like the second and last picture. I like the colors of the second, and the composition of the last. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite thing has to be the vibrant choice of color! I also really like the first photo with the single tulip as the subject. It makes the viewer feel that there is more to the tulip than the eye can actually see. Haha. (Obviously, I have been working on English prior to this!) But anyways, I think it would have been awesome if you were able to get macro shots of the raindrops on the tulips as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorites are the first and second ones. Love the bold colors on both of those. The first one is very balanced and peaceful, and frankly, perfect! Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like how you throw in a few 'fine arts' photos here and there. The photos are very good, the dew drops really add to the freshness of the flowers. My favorite is the 3rd picture, I like how it is a little different and the colors are unique compared to the other pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admire your heavy experimentation and pushing yourself to the next big thing. I think you have broken out of your "style" in these images and are really pushing yourself. I do love that second image with the bright vivid colors and the balance of the tulips. I love the texture in the last image and you trying some fine arts edits.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are some beautiful pictures. I especially love the second one because of the vibrant colors and the water droplets on the flowers. Something that I did find distracting was the watermark in the last three photos. It's a little bit too conspicuous for me and ruined the pictures a bit. Great job though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are some really cool, vivid colors. I really like the second image for that reason. Although the watermark was somewhat distracting for me it is not a big deal. Really cool macro photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the first images. I like how crisp and detailed the flowers were. I also like how you experimented with the saturation of the images.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your first picture is my favorite! The colors are so crisp and the water droplets are so perfect! You are an amazing macro photographer :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved your photos! I just love flowers. My favorite on was the first one. You did such an amazing job. I also like the different angels you used. Great Job! :)

    ReplyDelete